Operations & Maintenance Manager
Operations & Maintenance Manager Wanted for the #1 MA-based Solar Installer. Very competitive compensation package. Lead a team of competent maintenance staff.
Boston Solar is seeking talents to join our solar family. We work hard, have fun and value a work-life balance. Boston Solar is the #1 residential solar company based in Massachusetts, with over 4,500 installations in only 10 years and growing fast. We are proud to power Massachusetts, a state that continues to lead the nation in solar installations. We provide superior products, exceptional customer service and the highest quality workmanship.
Reporting to headquarter in Woburn, MA but job locations vary. Veterans encouraged to apply.
TITLE: Operations & Maintenance Manager
SUPERVISOR: Director of Residential Operations
- Perform maintenance and service tasks for solar customers
- Diagnose and repair solar systems and electrical components
- Evaluate systems accurately for maintenance, warranty, design and other purposes
- Provide on-site troubleshooting for solar systems
- Collaborate closely with engineering team to resolve technical issues
- Identify solutions to resolve technical design problems, including electrical systems used during construction
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Provide training to service staff on how to identify and resolve issues, repairs, etc.
- Mentor, supervise, and manage a team of 4+ solar maintenance staff
- Provide training to customers about process, usage, and maintenance
- Manage and resolve customer concerns and issues in a timely manner; communicate and document progress to customers and relevant colleagues
- Document key communications in appropriate Client software including Salesforce
- Develop positive and professional relationships with customers, coworkers, and partners
- Maintain compliance with all OSHA and the company's safety policies and practices
- MA Journeyman License
- Minimum of 5+ years in the solar electric industry required, at least 3 years in operations & maintenance
- Ability to mentor, supervise, and manage a team of service electricians
- Must possess a current, valid Driver's license
- Working knowledge of the NEC required
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Able to work an adjusting schedule and respond to emergencies
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledgeable of Enphase, SolarEdge
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Assistance may be provided for oversized items
- Able to perform work involving postures like reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, squatting, crawling, bending, twisting, climbing, and handling objects above/below the shoulders.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation without obligations on weekends
- 15 days of paid time off plus federal holidays
- Comprehensive medical insurance plans
- Free life insurance. Short-term and long-term disability insurance. Accident insurance
- Critical Care and Cancer insurance coverage
- Company supplied vehicles, power tools and safety equipment during the workday
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.